Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Hexed!! An update!

 
 
While enjoying a stitching day at Millrose  in Ballan on Sunday,
l took my hexi flowers for a walk around the shop.
l found 2 that l liked, so l put it to the other girls stitching with me to help.
The decision was unanimous!!
 
So l am happy to report that l have finally found the fabric l want to use as my pathway!
l set to on Tuesday, covering a handful to test them out.
Here is the result! l couldn't be more happy.
Love them, and love what they bring to the flowers.
l originally bought 2 metres, then yesterday bought 2 more, just in case!!
Can a girl ever have enough of a great fabric?? LOL
 
 
 

 
My tally so far is 39 flowers completed, and 14 centres made.

 
Then l have tons more prepped and ready to pick up and go.
l take my tin of fabric and papers with me everywhere,
and when ever l have a few minutes of down time,
l take it out and stitch a few.

 
And now l also have to confess that l have a new hexi addiction!
When l was in France a few years ago, l fell in love with these blue Liberty fabrics.
 l chose 3 solids to go with them and put them in a case to make a French memory quilt.
When l came home l went through my meagre Liberty stash and pulled out some extras.
 This is what l stitched at our sewing day in Ballan.
Couldn't be happier with how it is looking,
and makes a nice change from working with the reds all the time.
Time will tell what l choose for the pathway here, but l do have something in mind!!
Stay tuned!!
 


 
Thanks for visiting.
Linda.
 
 

31 comments:

  1. That fabrics looks great as your pathway, Linda. This quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your path fabric is perfect, smart girl to get 2 more, more is better here. I have forgotten what size hex these are. I take my tin with me everywhere and sew everywhere so I know what you mean. Keep us posted as thing grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely projects, very inspiring pictures. Enjoy your hexie addiction :-) !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice for a pathway with the reds. Much more interesting than a solid----makes one think about lots of choices to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love! They look tiny. Do you cut your own paper hexies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Derart Linda,
    Beautiful choice, love Your work,
    Greetings, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beginning looks awesome.!!!
    Love your path fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both sets of hexies are beautiful! I love the fabric that you have chosen for your pathway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them both although I do have a huge soft spot for Liberty. How big are the Liberty hexies.?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda! It's been so long since I've been able to catch up on blogs! Time has been spent on paper work duties instead of holding a needle and thread...can't wait to get back at it! Your posts were wonderful as usual, so many beautiful pictures to inspire us all. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister and also the pup injury.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hexi's are so pretty, you have inspired me to go get out my hexi's I started several years ago and start to work on them again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a hexie addict, I love seeing yours! I love your pathway fabric! Good on you to get some more ... or you could be facing the same predicament I am with not enough pathway fabric. :-o

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is a wonderful background fabric for those hexies. Don't you just love finding little boxes to keep all the hexies and thread in

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you're doing. Just wondering if I shouldn't feel sorry for you instead. We're talking severe addiction here! And that's never good 'they' say.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pathway fabric! As if one amazing hexi project wasn't enough - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your pathway fabric for the red and white hexies and "a girl can never have too much fabric." That's my motto!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been HEXED! lol Love the shirtings to be the path for your red and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the hexies and the fabric you chose for the path is perfect..........

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good to see the pathway fabric fitting so well. And also it didnt really need fussy cutting - looks good as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hexagons are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are a bit of a machine. I like the blue liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, that pathway fabric is perfect! Also love your collection of blue Liberty fabrics, I'm also collecting these for a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks great!! ....and very organized! Enjoy your hexi addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your hexies you sre an inspiration to mr to le arn this art. Looking forward to learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Where do I find the pattern for the hexagons? I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also started making hexies about a year ago. I have many or plenty of them and I didn't know how to start my bedspread or some hanging. Well, anyway, seeing your beautiful hexies and the way you organize them now I know what to do! Thank you. Your colour choices are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.