Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Quiltmania #85

Do you have your copy yet?



l don't!! Because silly me let my subscription lapse.
And would you believe that a sewing group l belong to is  featured as well as yours truly!!


When Quiltmania came to Australia in June for the Sydney Quilt Show,
they also took a trip here to Victoria. A special day was planned in Castlemaine
 in conjunction with Threadbear Quilt Shop.
 And they have done a special feature on our group.


See Bev's beautiful basket quilt, designed by Di Ford.


They also made a special visit here, to Quilts In The Barn.
Boy, were we excited!!
Its been hard not telling anyone about their visit, in case it didn't make it into the magazine,
but on the cutting room floor!!


There are more photo's that l have not shared, so you need to go buy your own copy.
 ( Something l still have not done!! So l have borrowed a girlfriends copy to take these pics.)
Also there are stacks of pages of quilts from the Sydney Quilt Show.
In my opinion, this is one of the best issues.
 Of course, l'm not the least bit biased!!

Thanks for visiting.
Linda.


18 comments:

  1. i agree linda that it is a very interesting copy of 'quiltmania' with all the local content, great photos and a good read about some of the talented australian quilters. congratulations on your feature, well done to all !

    ReplyDelete
  2. no but waiting waiting waiting I love this magazine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still trying to get #84!!! my newsagent is still waiting too, time for a subscription I think! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the lovely article about you, the barn and the stitching group. I agree about Quiltmania, I look forward to it's arrival in my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great issue and lovely articles on both Castlemaine Applique group and QIB. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did see on Broderie's blog post about the Aussie content of this issue & more importantally the aticle about QIB, I just had a phone call from my local newsagent to say they've put my magazine aside.You did well to keep it a secret !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that on someone elses blog. I have to get my hands on it! Used to get it at Borders, but they just went bankrupt and closed all their stores. No I have to look harder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been checking the newsagents because my friend Chris Jurd quilt is in this episode, now there's even more incentive to find it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have to get a subscription to the magazine , very hard to find here in the USA I checked Barnes and Noble yesterday no luck!
    maybe next week or I will just mail order it.
    I heard it was the best issue ever too! well maybe the one Judy was in was the best issue ;)
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be buying it as soon as I see it! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations for making the magazine! I'm going to look for it today!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting Linda that Quiltmania came to your place. I am looking forward to getting my issue #85, #84 has just arrived at the newsagency, so I think it will be a long wait.
    PS. Congratulations to you & your wonderful team for the effort involved in raising such a large donation for Breast Cancer research. from Jenny McH

    ReplyDelete
  13. Without bias, I'd have to say it was the best issue I've seen. It was such a blast seeing your feature. Congratulations to all who had something in the Australian feature, you did us proud.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree with Janet, this has to be one of the best Quiltmania issues. Living in London this year I missed Quilts in the Barn and the Applique day in Castlemaine so was delighted to see them featured here. Threadbear at Castlemaine has copies of Quiltmania if you need one. Congratulations Linda, Virginia Enright

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hallo Linda wat een prachtige blog heb jij
    Hier in Belgie vinden zeker heel mooi ,vooral de quilts in de schuur vind ik geweldig
    gr Rina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! I can't wait to pick up a copy and read all about you and your friends -

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't have my copy yet, will have to get one.

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.