Monday, February 9, 2015

Go Four It!!



Its good to be back blogging after my extended break.
I'm relaxed, reinvigorated, rested and rairing to go with a whole new year.
 Lots of wonderful quilty things happening to keep me busy!!
And lots of sewing over the Christmas break, which l will share with you soon!!
 
 
I was delighted and excited to be asked to be a featured blogger and Instagramer
by Laundry Basket Quilts for American Patchwork and Quilting Magazines
 latest QAL, featuring the mighty 4 patch.
Its long been a favourite go to block for simple and exciting designs.
Who wants to join in and sew along with us????

Here is a picture of the 3 quilts, whose directions are in the magazine.

 
Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2015 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.
 


Below  is a picture of the magazine that has all the instructions to make the 3 different quilts.
Available from Feb 6th till April 6th at your local quilt shop, newsagent,
or At AllPeopleQuilt.com/shop (click on Quilt Shop Locator) 
You can also purchase a digital issue any time after Feb. 6
at AllPeopleQuilt.com/getdigital.


 
Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2015 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.
 
 
 
Being a lover of small pieces, l decided l wanted to make Edyta's lovely version.
Doesn't it look beautiful draped over that chair!!
 
 
Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2015 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.
 
 
During my lovely restful time over the Christmas break,
 l decided to get a head start on some stitching. Seeing as l didn't have my
 complete collection of fabric with me, l decided that these lovely
 Laundry Basket fabrics l had brought with me were the perfect beginning,
 to be added to along the way.


 
 
So l got busy with my rotary cutter, and before l knew it,
 l had some lovely strips ready for sewing.

 
And not long after, lovely piles of Four patches.
Using the strip piecing method, these sew up quickly.
 
 
 
l decided to make a love heart from my 4 patches, because l am in love with the colours!!
 

 
 
 
Below is a list of other bloggers who are also taking part in the QAL.
Many of them show their progress on both their blogs and on Instagram,
which is a lovely simple way to share a quick photo.
If your familiar with Instagram at all,
here is the hashtag you can search to see what everyone to sharing!!
 
#APQQuiltalong
 
 
Do you instagram??
l use it regularly and post there quite often, then combine those
 photos here at a later blog post. If you want to see what l am
 doing on a more regular basis, find me at
 
quiltsinthebarn
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting.
Linda.
 
 
 
 
 
April Rosenthal, Prairie Grass Patterns
Instagram: amrosenthal
 
Barb and Mary, Me and My Sister Designs
Instagram: meandmysisterdesigns
 
Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville’s Quips & Snips!
Instagram: quiltville_bonnie
 
Camille Roskelley, Simplify
Instagram: thimbleblossoms
 
Debbie Roberts, The Quilted Moose
Instagram: quiltedmoose
 
Edyta Sitar, Laundry Basket Quilts
Instagram: laundrybasketquilts
 
Jane Davidson, Quilt Jane
Instagram: quiltjane
 
Jo Morton, Jo Morton Quilts
Instagram: joquilts
 
Kimberly Jolly, Jolly Jabber
Instagram: fatquartershop
 
Linda Collins, Quilts in the Barn
Instagram: quiltsinthebarn
 
Lisa Bongean
Instagram: lisabongean
 
Lissa Alexander, Moda Lissa
Instagram: modalissa
 
Shea Henderson, Empty Bobbin Sewing
Instagram: emptybobbin
 
Sherri McConnell, A Quilting Life
Instagram: sherrimcconnell
 
Thelma Childers, Cupcakes ’n’ Daisies
Instagram: thelmacupcake
 
Vanessa Goertzen, Lella Boutique
Instagram: lellaboutique
 
American Patchwork & Quilting staff
 
Instagram: allpeoplequilt
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. glad to see you are back to blogging, some very nice quilts that you show - I love the 4 patch also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Love those 4-patches! I've never done Instagram as I don't have a smart phone. I guess it is time to get one and have my 4 year old grandson show me how to use it! Lovely work and glad you had a nice blogging break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing the Heart's Content fabrics up close... great picture. Now to find in some shop and get started..... do hope we see a picture of your finished 4 patch....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back in blog-land and love your 4-patches! Such beautiful fabrics, Edyta does such lovely colors. Can't wait to see what you will do with them..... I am on the fence on this one, normally don't do qal's, but I do love 4 (and 9) patches.... just have so many wip's already..... oh dear.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah that is my fave too....haven't started my little blocks yet but sooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Linda,
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will read this email. I recently saw a picture of your quilt which you obviously made back 2013 base on Petra's & An Moonen Promenade in a Dutch Garden. I would love to also make that quilt! Firstly I would like of course to know where or how I could great a copy of the pattern and I am willing to pay for the pattern/book??? I did a search at amazon and could not find the book. Obviously I am using the incorrect keying information. Can you help me. I would greatly welcome any communication from you. You can of course contact me at julie714@adam.com.au and put Promenade in a Dutch Garden so I reckonise your email so that I don't put it into my spam basket. I live in adelaide and are looking for a project that may take me years to work on to keep me sane!!!
    I appreciate any assistance you can offer me. Julie Beard Adelaide Australia.

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.