Friday, July 16, 2010

What's a church got to do with Quilting?

During our stay in Tassie, we were fortunate enough to make a visit with Leonie to the future new home of The Quilted Crow. Leonie and Diedre have secured the lease on this beautiful old church, built in 1865, and will be making the move in the next few weeks.







They plan to have a grand opening on the 7th August, so if you happen to be in the neighbourhood then or soon after, drop in, say hello from me and spend some time in the wonderful surroundings of their new shop. The stained glass windows are amazingly beautiful.
Can't you just imagine having a class in this space, how inspired you would be???
l am sure those church pews will look pretty good with bolts of fabric lined up on them.



This is the founding stone at the front of the church. Pretty old by Aussie standards.




Leonie and Deidre's decorating style is fantastic, and they will have this place looking pretty amazing. Looks like l will have to make a return visit to Tassie in the near future to visit the old church again. Oh, and of course Leonie and Diedre!!!!


Thanks for visiting,
Linda.








8 comments:

  1. That is going to be one heavenly quilt shop!!!! It'll be interesting to see what they do with it. I like your vision of bolts on the pews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what they do with it. It's a fantastic place for a quilt shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to look fantastic! I can't wait to see pics of it all set up, those stained glass windows are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing place for a quilt shop and how inspiring it will be with all those leadlight windows. I will look forward to seeing it when it is set up with lots of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. GIves me goosebumps. That's so incredibly wonderful! I'm SO happy for them! I can't wait to see!!!!! I know you'll show us... :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. just beautiful I can see a few quilts being inspired by those stain glass windows.
    I have always wanted a pew for my foyer (front hall way). will they keep them or move them out?
    its going to be an amazing shop.
    When I lived in MIchigan there was a woman who bought a church turned it into a scrapbook and stamping store and her home it was AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously?!!! Wow....I would love to see the shop in this gorgeous building!!!

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.