Thursday, February 23, 2012

Not much sewing, but some finishing off.

Not a lot of sewing happening around here.
l did manage to finish off this quilt.
Remember back here, our Xmas exchange quilts?
l loved the one l made to swap so much,
 l had to make myself one, so it's binding went on last week. 



And l had a few blocks left over, so they became coffee mats.
These are great as gifts.
Most of my friends have them in their homes, but these ones are staying here.


This quilt has been finished for a while,
just waiting it's binding, so that went on last week as well.
Its so good to have some finishes.



l know there has been lots of talk on lots of blogs about leaving comments,
and the changes google have made to the word verification.

l love getting your comments, and while l don't always leave comments
when l have visited your blog, due to time restrictions on the computer,
 l always love reading your comments when you do,
 and truly appreciate that you take the time to continue to leave comments,
even if l don't on your blog.

So, having said that, l have turned off the word verification on my blog,
which should make it easier and less time consuming to leave comments,
because l know l am not the only person who is time short.

And l am hoping that it will also encourage me to take a minute
 and leave more comments as l make my way round
 all the blogs thatl love to visit and find inspiring.

Thanks for visiting.
Linda.

P.S. Watch out for a give away coming soon!!

21 comments:

  1. I like your finishes and especially like the fabrics in the first one. I don't know if you realize it, but finishing them does count as sewing. ;) It's very satisfying, too. I got my red and white baskets quilt back from the hand quilter and it is so great!! I can't wait to snap a picture to send to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely show and tell. I too, turned off the comment verification. A few spams but they have been filtered out by blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice finishes Linda!! your little quilts are adorable..such sweet little coffee mats too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts!! I like not having to cross my eyes and blink 5 times to figure out the "magic" words. It sure makes leaving comments fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I leave comments when I have the time. I wish I could more often. Even if time doesn't allow for comments, I always love seeing what you have been working on. Thanks for sharing your projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda...... I never need encouragement, I'm never short of words
    ;- }

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little finishes and the mug mats are cute. I don't use word verification but I have set my comments to be approved after seven days and don't have a problem with spam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful finishes! I'm in the mood to do binding...too bad I don't have anything that close to being finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favourite patterns and I love the way it works with the toile! I'm currently working on quilt that combines this block and the Ohio Star and am really loving it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute little quilts! The mug mats are so cute...I really need to update mine. My dog got ahold of a few when he was a puppy and personalized one or two of them. ;)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute little quilts! The mug mats are so cute...I really need to update mine. My dog got ahold of a few when he was a puppy and personalized one or two of them. ;)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoy checking in with you to see what you're up to and an always envious of what you accomplish! I am very happy also that your elected to turn off the word verification. I find it quite difficult to decifer. Keep up the great work.
    sue in wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your finished little quilts too and I particularly like the toile fabric you have used in the first one. I love reading all the blogs but I agree with you it is not always possible to leave comments but I do enjoy reading your blog. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these little quilts, especially the last one. And thanks for turning off the word verification. This is so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what you have made with the Jo's Variety.. I have been saving mine for an inspiration... thanks for giving it. PS.. my neice lives in Austrailia and wants to quilt and was so taken by your blog when I forwarded it to her. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work Linda....I have a queen size quilt to bind, which I keep putting off until the weather is cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these! All of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
    www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Yours, Ulla (from Finland)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your little quilts Linda. Congratulations on the finishes.

    I turned off word verification too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't have a blog and don't always have time to leave a comment however I love reading blogs and hope to have my own someday - just love your red quilts and the coffee mat ones too

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.