Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Time Out Sewing at Sorrento.


Some of my sewing pals joined me at Sorrento in January
 for some well deserved Time Out Sewing.

There was a bit of this from Deb.


Some of this from Jill.


A few of these from Sandra.


A lot of this from Deb.


More of these from Sandra.


Some of this from Anne.



And a lot of these also from Anne.


We also do a fair bit of this!!


And a lot of this from all of us!!
You can't see it, but we are discussing something on the design wall.


It wasn't all sewing.
l had taken a refresher course in pasta making, so decided there was
 no time like the present to show the girls how it's done.
Here we are all intent on getting that sheet of pasta perfect!!



And then turning it into fettuccine.


Which we hung on the clothes horse to dry till dinner time.


Here it is cooking.


Oh, boy!! Was it DELICIOUS!!
A simple sauce of home grown cherry tomato's, roasted with garlic, onions and basil.


A bunch of happy quilters!!
Thanks for a great week girls.



Remember these?

They became these blocks.


Then all these.


And finally this quilt.


Now l am not sure if l should do this!!
What do you think?


Thanks for visiting.
Linda.


15 comments:

  1. Some very beautiful creations are born in Sorrento, not to mention the culinary delights that happen as well.
    I too like both borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, now that you have made me hungry for pasta at not even 6 am! another fun week at Sorrento!
    thanks for sharing all the wip's ! yes both borders and bound in red is what I would do, sometimes is just needs that second border .....

    can't wait to see what you decide
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab time doing what you love best at my fav beach resort!!
    clever you making your own pasta..that fettucine looks very yummmm!!
    love your stunning red crosses quilt, will look great either way however, the double red border adds a little more pazzaz, i think :))
    cheers, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am jealous! Girlfriends, the beach, and pasta! Great quilts everyone is working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun, sewing, cooking, sun and friends, couldn't be any better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun...doesn't get better than a week with friends with time spent sewing. Love all of your show and tell - it looks like there were lots of projects and many talents! I vote for the red outer border!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply lovely with the red Xs on white, I've never seen one done in this fashion!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great sewing happening there. Loks like a great time was had by all.
    Looove fresh pasta!

    I like 2 borders on the red and white quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 2 borders, as it will give you some great border quilting options....but then I love red and white quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like so much fun! I love the double red border the best, but I'd love it with only one border too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely way to spend a week. Thanks for sharing the projects being worked on there are some lovely quilts. Your quilt will look lovely whatever you decide. However I do like the simplicity of the one border!

    Debra.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you all had a great time, beautiful projects and your red and white quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! I think that's going to be a beautiful quilt! I wish I could have joined you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great time together you had. I am definitely thinking of the pasta idea for my friendship group's next retreat in June!

    Warm wishes,
    Anne

    www.vickeryretreat.com.au

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.