Monday, May 3, 2010

What do you do at the beach?

This is what we saw when we arrived at the Royal Exhibition Building.


And then this man helped to set the scene for the day!!



This is what we saw when we ventured inside.

And these are some of the magnificent quilts we saw.






Some stunning Kim McLeans.







Some Annette Gero Military Quilts.



The fabulous Irene Carrig Dancing Dollies.


These happy faces with purchases in hand at the end of the day.


We headed to Sorrento, where l turned those,


into this,


then into these!


and also these!!!!!!



There was a little bit of this,


a fair bit of this,



then lots of this,

and well, some of this,

then quite a bit of this!!!!!


A great weekend was had by all!!!!!


Wonderful friendships re-affirmed, new friendships started, many, many laughs shared.
Promises made to DO this again!!!!!


Good friends, good food, good times. What could be better!!!!


Someone went to the beach and paddled her feet, can you guess who?


Hope your weekend was great. Thanks for visiting.

Linda.

10 comments:

  1. beautiful quilts and fun was had by all at the beach house!
    what a wonderful weekend.
    Kathie
    amazing quilts , thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun group! I am glad you got to attend...wow such lovely quilts in the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorrento! I haven't been there for years and years! It looks like you had a fantastic weekend and I love your dresden blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    Found you via Kathie at Inspired by Antique Quilts. Thank you for showing such lovely quilts. I am a big fan of Kim Mclean. I love her style. Antique quilts of the future. Like those dresden plates too. Dancing Dollies is growing on me the more I see it.
    Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Blogland. I enjoyed seeing all the wonderful quilts shown on your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda,
    Great blog. The weekend looked fabulous,very impressed with the amount of sewing done.Will look forward to more news.
    Warm Regards
    Di .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,

    Thank you for showing my quilts on your blog, I didn't have a chance to go to Melbourne to see it.
    I did my yr 12 exams at the Exhibition Building a thousand year ago!
    Enjoyed reading your weekend in Melboune , sounds fun! Cheers, Kim McLean

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUCH a FUN weekend! Those quilts are gorgeous and your friends are precious.
    We are having a weekend here coming up where 6 of my friends are coming here to see me and stay at my beach house... I can't wait! This is a first for me... Any pointers, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the quilts Linda..great weekend.
    No Linda , the Robin I know is not the one you know..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Linda, there she is...silly me!
    The other Robin is the one whose quilt is one of the other quilts on that post..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.