Friday, May 20, 2011

Yesterday's blocks and heading to Sorrento.

These 2 lovely blocks came in the mail yesterday.
Many thanks Liz ( Quilterie) and Ginny in Canada. .
Ginny writes the  color of her block was inspired by the
 recent Infinite variety Exhibit. Gotta love red!!!

l have heard from Jo, and she has around 50 blocks to post to me in the next day or so, and that will bring our total of blocks to close to 100. l need at least 140 for the quilt.
You still have time to send in those blocks.
Until the 24th May if you live in Australia, and by Sunday the 22nd May, 
 if you live anywhere else in the world.
 A huge thank you to all who have sent blocks in so far.
All the info you need to make a block and send it to me can be found HERE!!


l am packing my bags and heading to Sorrento, for a weeks blissful sewing.
Several different sewing buddies will be joining me over the week.
DH is away, and so the cat will play!! l have 3 bags FULL of my Jo Morton fabrics,
and l plan to do some serious sewing of quilts, that will hopefully
 hang in this years Quilts In The Barn Exhibit.
So l won't be posting any blocks that arrive for the next week,
 but if l can figure out how to get photos on to my ipad,
 l can post some photos of my sewing progress this week.

Thanks for visiting,
Linda.


12 comments:

  1. Linda I will make one tonight and send it tomorrow morning. Work keeps getting in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely and fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say hello to Bev and Dorothy - have a fun and productive time.
    Travel safe.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    I sent one from geelong in the post last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so there is still time.... Then I"ll get a block sent off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Linda,
    I'll be sending a block on Monday (Victoria)...just had to "borrow" some fabric from a friend!
    Have a lovely time in Sorrento...great place!
    Julz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time with all that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine is on the way, as long as the post office holds up their end of the bargin, you shall recieve a red/cream block in the near future. I couldn't resist the red I used, it's the 3rd time I've bought this print!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am getting nervous that my block was lost in the mail. It went out two weeks ago today :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you e-mail the photos to yourself, when you open the e-mail on your iPad, hit forward as if you were forwarding the e-mail to someone and it will give you the option of saving the photographs. It will save them right to your photographs section and then if you want to send them onto others all you have to do is copy them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to drive far to find some fabric from Jo. We sewed like crazy and it went in the mail on Monday from California. Hopefully you'll get them in time! Hope you are having a great time!
    Cheer, Colette

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.