Wednesday, March 28, 2012

l should have known better!!

Its been such a long time since l've had a cold,
 l have forgotten how it can muddle your brain.

l drafted up this house block on the weekend, from an antique in my collection,
 as it will be featured as a project in an upcoming Australian Quilt magazine.


l always start with paper and pencil, before taking to the fabric.
You have to provide elements of the block with the pattern.
This part is the easy part.


Yesterday, just as my cold hit its straps, l, in all my wisdom,
decided, as the deadline is approaching, to make my first sample block.
l can see there are a few little  issues that need resolving!
A few minor adjustments.



Then it hit me like a bolt of lightning!!
l should have known better!!
Never use a rotary cutter and a sewing machine when under the influence of a cold!!
Back to the cutting board!!



Last week while my guests were still here,
 they requested a trip to Castlemaine to visit Threadbear.
 l took the opportunity to contact Margaret and Jenn, who live in the area,
 and arrange for us to drop in for some revitalising afternoon tea.



Rhubarb and Cinnamon cake,
 fresh picked and baked that morning.

And Margaret spoiled me with this delightful red and white cup,
to commemorate my upcoming trip to France.
Thanks Margaret and Jenn for the hospitality.



Thanks for visiting.
Off to make a lemon and honey drink.
Linda.

P.S. Its not to late to enter my giveaway here!
Sunday is fast approching.

9 comments:

  1. I feel for you, I have the same cold. I saw the R&W basket quilt, amazing! Looks like a nice time having tea with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the little bit of photo it could be an Escher house. I had 2 more pieces of cake before I went home, it was so yummy. And pop some fresh sliced ginger in your honey & lemon, it will accelerate the process. :)
    Dr Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh shoot, Linda, I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm pretty sure the red and white cup will help;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that house block with the wide white dividing pieces. I have an antique that is similar. I hope we get a chance to see the whole quilt sometime. I feel your pain. I had my own "oops" moment this morning trying to put a block together quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care and take time to recover. And the house, such things happen to every quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great day with friends.

    I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that I didn't leave my cold behind for you!
    Can't keep a good quilter down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, at least you noticed your error before publication. I recently purchased a very reputable Aussie quilting magazine. I couldn't believe they didn't use the designers correct name, or the name of her quilt shop & forgot a bit of the instructions ! I even rang the magazine, they don't print corrections !!!! Amazing !

    Try some vicks vapour rub on the soles of your feet, cover with socks & wear to bed, it works 100%

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you recover from your cold before your up and coming trip. We don't want your cold. Love the house block even though the builder wasn't on form that day.
    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.